About the Career Assessment
The Career Interests Profiler assesses your interest in a variety of activities, industries and occupations to determine the careers and areas of study you are most likely to enjoy. It was developed by a professional Career Counsellor and is based on over 5 years of research with people aged 15-55 years. The Career Interests Profiler contains an extensive database of more than 500 careers and courses and is updated every year to include the latest careers. Since its launch, it has been taken by users all over the world including Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Why should I take this career assessment?
Choosing the wrong career can be very costly. Not only can you lose thousands of dollars in course fees, you can also lose valuable working years, resulting in a loss of income and work experience. Apart from the financial costs, choosing the wrong career can also affect your life satisfaction. Unhappiness at work not only affects you, it also impacts upon your family and friends. Considering the number of hours spent at work, it is important that you find a job that suits your interests and personality. Life is short! Why not enjoy each day rather than spend every week looking forward to the weekend?
Our career assessment aims to provide you with a lifestyle choice, not just a job. It provides you with specific career options that match your interests and values. In your Complete Report, you will discover the number of points you scored for each career and learn which occupations best suit you. Your Complete Report also contains suggested areas of study, an action plan, career resources, job search websites and motivational quotes to inspire you to find a career that you love.
How does it work?
The Career Interests Profiler takes approximately 20 minutes and involves rating your level of interest in a variety of
activities, industries and occupations from strongly like to strongly dislike.
See Sample Questions
What will it tell me?
At the end of the assessment you may choose from the following options:
Career Interests Profiler – Mini Report
In your free Mini Report you will:
- Discover your career profile - the broad category of careers
that best suit you;
- Find out the types of activities you are most likely to enjoy;
- Learn about your values and personal attributes; and
- Uncover examples of careers that may appeal to you.
Career Interests Profiler – Complete Report
In your Complete Report you will:
- Discover your detailed results including your highest scoring careers and the number of points you scored for each career;
- Find out the areas of study you are most likely to enjoy;
- Get an action plan to help you on your path to your next job;
- Learn about great career resources and job vacancy websites for
specific industries including the Arts, Media, Entertainment, Sports,
Not-for-Profit and Small Business sectors; and
- Be inspired to pursue your passion!
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
The Myers-Briggs® assessment tool is one of the most widely used personality assessments in the world with more than 2 million people taking it every year. It is based on over 50 years of research.
In your Myers-Briggs Report, you will:
- Discover the most popular careers for your personality type;
- Find out your key strengths and preferred work tasks;
- Learn about your ideal work environment; and
- Uncover future career trends and strategies for your career development.
*Professional interactive feedback and type verification is included and required with all MBTI results.
Career Interests Profiler – Complete Report +
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
This option provides you with a comprehensive career assessment, identifying the careers that suit your interests, and the careers that suit your personality.
* After you complete the Career Interests Profiler, you will receive instructions for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment.
We recommend you complete the Career Interests Profiler and the Myers-Briggs assessment tool prior to choosing a career path.
*All prices include GST
* If you would like to meet with a Career Counsellor in person
for information on Australian-based career counselling services including locations and fees.